Thursday, 31 May 2012

Croatian days & nights

DSC_0842

Today I got back from lovely Dubrovnik. If you've never been I'd certainly recommend a trip there, it was definitely one of the most beautiful cities I've travelled to! The Croatian coastal town lies on a mountain overlooking a very blue sea. Here are a few photos from our trip.. we stayed in a Bowie-themed apartment which was a great way to relax and gave us chance to cook our own food when we fancied it. Also, the view from the apartment was amazing!

DSC_0961

DSC_0996

DSC_0927

DSC_0993

As it is on a hill there are hundreds of steps to climb every day which keeps you quite fit! One day Tom decided we should climb to the top of the mountain, where there is a war museum about the Homeland wars that happened in the early 90s. It's worth a visit, as is the War Photo museum in the old town. 

DSC_0988

DSC_7518

On our last day we decided to try a kayaking tour, which was a lot of fun. We boated round the island of Lokrum, to a little cove where we had a break and Tom bravely tested the water in his snorkel (it was cold!) It was also quite hard work and my arms are still aching! 

DSC_7522

DSC_0912

I'll really miss Dubrovnik, it's strange being back in grey Nottingham but at least we have the Bank Holiday yet to come! I'll share some pages from our travel sketchbooks over the weekend too.

DSC_0962
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. This looks so amazing! We've got a Dubrovnik holiday booked for the end of July, and I cannot wait now I've seen your pics.
    I wish I had known about the fab apartment, what a brilliant place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah i bet you'll have a brilliant time! If you need any other tips let me know! One thing i will say is make sure you take flip flops as the beaches are quite stone-filled, i was wincing in bare feet! But its a really beautiful place :)

      Delete
  2. Wow it looks lovely, Dubrovnik is definitely on our list of places to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roman Holiday was reminded of Audrey Hepburn. It is a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will now add it to my travel list. Looks like the perfect break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks lovely!
    i've only been to the northern part of Croatia - Istria and Zagreb, but i really enjoyed that country.
    definitely will remember going more south next time :)

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig