Thursday, 24 May 2012

Charity Shop Finds

DSC_0822

This week I was pleased to discover this book one lunchtime in my favourite charity shop. 'How to Draw Portraits' is a book first written in 1946, and includes some wonderful illustrations from the time, all separated into different chapters such as 'Drawing with Feeling,' 'Posing the Sitter' and 'Drawing Mother.' In the inside cover it says other books in the series include 'Drawing a Cat' 'Sketching the Ballet' and 'How to Draw the Circus'... I'll certainly keep an eye out for those now too!

DSC_0823

DSC_0824

DSC_0826




SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Oh gosh, what a gorgeous book! I would frame some of those images and stick them on my wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this book! It's rather wonderful isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig