Monday, 26 March 2012

A Sunday Smile

Sunday Bike Ride

These past few days we've been blessed by beautiful sunny weather, meaning I had chance to get my bicycle out of the dark basement to enjoy the Springtime. On Sunday I met up with a couple of bicycle buddies and we set off along the river on a long ride to a village just outside of Nottingham, called Radcliffe on Trent, stopping off at Holme Pierrepont on the way. It didn't take long to reach the countryside and it was so nice to get away from the city for a few hours for a quiet ride in the fresh air. Here are a few things I cycled past on my route.

Sunday Bike Ride
A bench decorated in beautiful daffodils

Sunday Bike Ride
This shop looked intriguing

Sunday Bike Ride

Sunday Bike Ride

Sunday Bike Ride
A stop off at the pub was in order.

Sunday Bike Ride
I wonder who lives here?

Sunday Bike Ride
I'm glad these still exist!

Sunday Bike Ride

Sunday Bike Ride
I love these lines in the sky..
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I love your bicycle! :)

    Great pics, it feels like I've enjoyed the trip, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the daffodil bench, how beautiful. I've been so bad at catching up on blogs and everything else lately, it's so nice to finally start again! I haven't forgotten about the journal either, you must really be annoyed at me by now! So sorry, no excuses I will do it pin the next few weeks or I'll send it on to Rhianne. Forgive me!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks Siobhan, that would be lovely! I just checked back the messages and it has been a long time (last august!) so let me know if you need me to send the address again. And if you don't have time to fill it in it's fine to just send it on to rhianne! x

      Delete
  3. Massive love for the Beirut-referencing post title! I might go and listen to that song now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. love these photos! that first one with the bicycle is just too perfect... oh and the daffodils?! and those chips look DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy! It was a good day :) its still really sunny today, hard to believe it's only march!

      Delete
  5. Lovely pics!

    Also....I have nominated your blog for a Sunshine Award! Pop over to my blog if you want to join in... x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful. The daffodil bench is bizarre, though - I wonder what the story was behind it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the bench was dedicated to someone so I thought it could be a tribute to them perhaps? Quite a sweet idea anyway :)

      Delete
  7. I could do with a bucket of chips about now. They look so good.

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig