Sunday, 18 March 2012

Film 2012

I realised there's not been many new films out lately I've really wanted to see. Post-Oscars there tends to be a bit of a lull in the cinema, but there are a few films coming out in the next few months I'm looking forward to seeing.

films1

1. This Must be the Place, out 6th April

I am mainly looking forward to this film as it's named after my favourite Talking Heads song (and contains a performance of David Byrne singing it), but Sean Penn looking rather like Robert Smith has me intrigued!

2. 2 Days in New York, out May 18th (my birthday!)

When I found out Julie Delpy was shooting a sequel to 2 Days in Paris I was pretty happy. However this one is shot with the absence of Adam Goldberg, which I was a little apprehensive about. The added bonus is that Vincent Gallo is on the cast list, playing himself. This should be pretty funny.

3. Moonrise Kingdom, out 25th May

Not long until the new Wes Anderson film is out, and this looks set to be a good one.

films2


Mainly because the scenes with Batman's house were shot at Wollaton Hall, in Nottingham and I can't wait to see it on the big screen!

5. On the Road, out 21st September

I started the book years ago but didn't get on with it so I am intrigued to see if the film works for me or not. Steve Buscemi is in the cast so hopefully this is a good sign!

6. The Great Gatsby, out 20th December

Another book I couldn't get into (oops).. will Leonardo Dicaprio be able to pull off the role of Jay Gatsby? Baz Lurhmann is set to direct the film version of the classic Fitzgerald novel, out at the end of the year.

What films are you looking forward to this year? Let me know if there's any I missed!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I saw This Must Be The Place a couple of months ago in Berlin. It's quite an adorable and funny movie.

    Thank you for this list! Should try to see some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your movie-taste is great, I guess :)

    Nice header! New Spring-Outfit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious about This Must be the Place; I've seen it compared to The Straight Story which I absolutely loved (and which I'd recommend, if you haven't already seen it).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not seen that, thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete
  4. If you two want any cinema going company let me know as I am up for all of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool sounds good to me! Will carry on checking the broadway to see what's out. Hope your birthday celebrations went well!

      Delete
  5. I love 2 Days In Paris- hadn't heard about the sequel so I'm excited now! Not so excited about The Great Gatsby. I love the book too much, it's bound to be a let-down a la the Robert Redford 70s one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw 2 Days in New York when it screened in Chicago and enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really looking forward to 2 days in New York and Moonrise Kingdom just looks amazing from the trailer and soundtrack!

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig