Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Out & About in Notts, Part 2

New Art Exchange

The New Art Exchange is a lovely gallery which lies in Forest Fields, right near 'the Forest' tram stop. I volunteer there when I can at their workshops which are held most Saturdays, and are completely free of charge! They are family friendly but anyone is welcome to pop along. Last Saturday I helped out at a Modern Origami class, led by textiles artist Ruth Singer.

At first the end product seemed a bit complicated (one little boy exclaimed "That's impossible!") but it was actually quite simple and by the end of the class everyone had made an origami box using recycled paper.

New Art Exchange

New Art Exchange

New Art Exchange

New Art Exchange
The end product!

Upcoming workshops I'm looking forward to include:

Saturday 17th March, 2pm- 4pm: Photographic Mosaic
Saturday 31st March 2pm -4pm: Camera Obscura
Cost: Free!

If you live locally and would like to come along to a workshop or event, more info can be found here.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed it too - thanks for your help! Please feel free to add a link to Ruthsinger.com if you want :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can see me and my friend in the first photo :)
    it was a really good workshop!!

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig