Monday, 27 February 2012

Hop, skip and a jump

Our B&B

Tom and I decided it was time to take a short break from the city, so we hopped on a Transpeak bus to the middle of Derbyshire. Here we stayed in a B&B on top of a hill overlooking an amazing view in the valleys below; the Monsal Dale. There is a huge viaduct which was built by the Midland Railway line but closed in 1959 and has now become part of the Monsal Trail. This means you can walk through the train tunnels in the hills and pop out the other side!

The view, oh the view

Map reading

Hope skip & a jump

Snowdrops appear

The Viaduct

Inside the Monsal Tunnel

Tom's drawings
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Oh wow, England is so picturesque! Looks like a cool place to visit, I am currently compiling a mental list of places I'd like to visit when I return to the UK and I think this will be one of them; thanks for sharing. Cute fun pics of your man too...
    Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. all of your photos are obviously gorgeous, but I love the bridge one in particular :) super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems to be a great trip :)

    Once a day, I'll go to England and live there... dream, dream...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like the perfect weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks lovely! I'll have to keep an eye on your blog for things around Derbyshire and Nottingham. I live in Derby, moved home from uni and still feeling my way around for things to do!

    Zoe xx
    Life of a Vegetarian Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zoe, ah I was born in Derby! Don't make it back as often as I used to now so I'm a bit out of the loop, but I'll have to check out your blog as well! :)

      Delete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig