Friday, 24 February 2012

Film Friday: Vertigo


After watching It's a Wonderful Life last Christmas I felt I really should watch more James Stewart films. So I decided Vertigo was a good place to start. I'm not sure why I'd not watched this before, as Rear Window, also directed by Hitchcock, is one of my all time favourites.

Vertigo tells the story of a San Francisco detective whose fear of heights causes him to retire early. However when his friend asks him to help investigate his wife's strange behaviour, Stewart has to oblige. Vertigo is a classic thriller which unfolds to reveal quite a few twists and turns along the way. Good old Jimmy Stewart. (Tom and I can't help but do impressions of him whenever we watch one of his films, ah..) Oh and of course the title sequence is reason enough to watch this on its own.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig