Friday, 3 February 2012

Film Friday: The Descendants


This week I watched The Descendants, which stars George Clooney as a land baron whose wife suffers a serious boating accident, leaving him to suddenly take care of his daughters. I can understand why Clooney has won a Golden Globe for his role as he has to play out every emotion he can, and the rest of the cast were also very good. I think this was the first film I've seen set in Hawaii, it does look very beautiful, and the film brought to light how much of the land there is sold off to developers which is pretty sad to think about.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I liked the movie, too.
    I had never thougt, that The Descendants, would be a film with that deepness.
    Yes, I had prejudices, because the trailer wasn't very promising.
    And the Oscar goes to...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked The Descendants - I wasn't sure what to expect and was surprised to be so drawn into the emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen it yet, but I am curious to watch it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really fancy seeing this as I'm generally a fan of Clooney's films.

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig