Sunday, 11 December 2011

Winter meals

Potato Dauphinoise

Lately we've had a few nice wintery meals I thought I'd share here. (I've realised 3 out of 4 inolve cheese though, I seem to find it hard to cook without it!)

Mac 'n' Cheese

Macaroni Cheese

Yesterday I made Macaroni Cheese from this recipe and it was delicious! For some reason around Christmas we tend to cook this, it's becoming something of a tradition!

Welsh Rarebit

Welsh Rarebit

Love a little bit of Welsh Rarebit for lunch. In case you've never tried it (not sure if this recipe is popular outside the UK?) it's toast topped with a mixture of cheese, egg and Worcestershire Sauce.

Bean Soup

Chunky Winter Broth

Tom made this last week and it was a healthy and tasty winter's meal. (Someone in the comments suggested adding pasta which I think would make it a bit more filling as it seemed quite watery at first!)

Potato Dauphinoise

Potato Dauphinoise

I've wanted to try this for a while, it was a lovely way of using potatoes without resorting to the usual mash/roast combinations. Yummy! Here's the recipe I used.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Mmm Potato Dauphonoise is my fav lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made 3.5 litres of winter broth in the slow cooker last week, it lasted ages! Try adding barley, it soaks up all the flavour and thickens it up somewhat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh slow cooker is a good plan, tom has one that needs using :)

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig