Friday, 2 December 2011

Film Friday: The Station Agent


This little known film was recommended to me by Tom a while ago and when we saw it was available to watch in iPlayer I finally had chance to give it a watch. The Station Agent is about a man, born with dwarfism, whose friend has just died, leaving him with his house - a train depot in rural New Jersey. Although he craves solitude, he can't seem to avoid bumping into several friendly characters who live nearby - a hot dog vendor, an artist and a librarian (played by Michelle Williams). I'd definitely recommend searching out this film if you haven't already seen it, it is a very simple yet sweet story with some really moving and funny moments too.
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Last week i came across the trailer of this movie and i really want to see it:)..now i want to see it even more.. and there is Patricia Clarkson in it,i really like her:)..

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats to strange i just watched this on the weekend also recommended to me by a friend!! i found it very endearing. sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this film; I just watched it again recently and saw so much in it I'd missed first time around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this film soooo much. Patricia Clarkson, Peter Dinklage and Bobby Cannavale are all fantastic in it. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful film. Love the main character. His acting ability carries this whole film.

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig