Tuesday, 1 November 2011

Recipe Love: Blackberry and Apple Crumble

DSC_1042

Last month my dad told me he'd collected some fallen apples and ripe blackberries, so one Sunday I had an urge to make some blackberry & apple jam. However when I realised I lacked certain equipment for it (jars.. er, muslin..) I decided to plump for making crumble instead. The fruit turned a lovely shade of red whilst cooking and it felt great to use 'found' fruit rather than shop-bought.

The end result was delicious, I am still determined to make some jam when I find the time though! *We used this recipe for the fruit but improvised with the crumble as it didn't seem to make much!

DSC_1046

DSC_1047

DSC_1048

2 comments:

  1. Oh yum! That looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going blackberry picking and making jam! I missed out on it this year but it is always good and best of all FREE!

    ReplyDelete