Monday, 28 November 2011

Making Peppermint Creams!

bake2

Last Friday I invited two of my creative friends round for an evening of wine drinking and sweet making! Peppermint creams are one of the easiest recipes to make and can make good gifts for people in the festive season.

All you need is icing sugar (plenty of it!), peppermint essence, water (or cream for a nicer taste) and anything else you fancy to decorate them with. We used melted dark chocolate (made them taste a little like After Eights!) and glitter icing. You can find lots of recipes on the web, my only suggestion may be to curtail the wine drinking until after they are made so you don't end up with slightly oddly shaped sweets as we did! Still, we really enjoyed playing with glitter icing and it made for a very fun evening in!

bake1

diptych_baking


SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I've fancied making these since seeing them on Lorraine Pascale's show a couple of months ago. Are they as delicious as they look??

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, yum! My mum used to make these - I should really give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jem - they're nice but they're also very sweet so you can't eat many at once!

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look very nice:D... and your apron is sooo cute:)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks I made the apron myself a few years ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh look at me all nerdy!
    My print made it safe home, love it!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig