Friday, 25 November 2011

Film Friday: Mermaids


Last week me and some friends had a little food & film night and decided to watch Mermaids, a 1990 film with a stellar cast (Cher, Winona Ryder, a young Christina Ricci and er Bob Hoskins! Who we decided basically is Danny DeVito...)

Mermaids is set in the 60s and of course includes the Cher hit, The Shoop Shoop song. The film focuses on the relationship between Cher and her daughters who are constantly made to uproot to a new town to suit their mother's whim. It was the first time I'd seen this film and I really enjoyed it, I love Winona Ryder's early films anyway and Christina Ricci's character was really cute. The end scene is really sweet as well.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This one of my favourite movies as a child! I still love it! I love all the fun food Cher makes and the aquarium room! So good :)

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig