Monday, 14 November 2011

Croissants in a can!

Freshly baked croissants!

Last week I saw an unusual item in the chilled section of the local supermarket; croissants in a can! Both Tom and I love croissants for breakfast so I thought I'd try it out this weekend. It's all so simple; the can splits open and out pops your dough which is handily perforated into triangles. You roll them up and bake for 10 mins and voila!

Verdict: Not quite the same taste as regular croissants and they come out a little small but despite this a very tasty treat to start the day! (Though i hope no French readers are horrified by the thought of canned croissants?)

DSC_0828

DSC_0829

DSC_0830

DSC_0831
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. We had these a while a go. Surprisingly tasty and quite a novelty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think anything can beat a "true" croissant, but one thing I've done is add chocolate chips to the ones in a can for a little extra treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes I have these with Thomas all the time as they are vegan! They now do pain au chocolats in a can which we tried last weekend and they were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love love love canned croissants, because they remind me of childhood sundays, sitting on the kitchencounter and it felt kind of like magic. For weeks I've been wanting them actually. I should do it sometime next week.
    I like them with butter and suger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, adding chocolate chips sounds a great plan and I'll look out for the pain au chocolat ones for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not exactly horrified but... ahem... sceptical? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are amazing, my other half introduced me to them - he usually puts parma ham in half of them, and Boursin in the rest. Totally delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love Boursin! That sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't been able to get these for years here. Just Googled and found these posts! Will try these Tesco ones next week.

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig