Tuesday, 29 November 2011

The Bust Christmas Craftacular

Adeline's Diana mini!

On Sunday I attended my third Bust Craftacular, held at a venue in Bethnal Green, East London. I also had the opportunity to meet some fellow bloggers; Adeline came to meet me and was (as expected!) lovely in person, and it was also really nice to bump into London-based bloggers Jess & Siobhan.

sweet adeline
Adeline with her Diana Mini!

Kitty pillows!!

by jim bob art
Hand illustrated plates by jim bob art, i loved these!

There was so much hand-made prettiness on show, we had to do a few loops round just to let it all sink in! But in the end I bought a couple of Christmas presents for people and a nice handmade necklace for myself. As we entered the hall we noticed a huge queue stretching round the venue. When I had a peek at the front it was popular illustrator Rob Ryan, selling signed screen prints for the bargain price of £5. I couldn't resist joining the queue and am now proud owner of one myself. It was a lovely day and I'm already looking forward to the next Craftacular in the summer.

mr rob ryan

rob ryan print!
My print - it's huuuge!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. MY GODD! That print is amazing!I love Rob! As soon as I heard about this event I really wanted to go! Damn not living in London! An actual non stuffing/very up my street kinda craft! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MAN, I wish I had known about this! I'd have totally been there (and in the queue with you for those beautiful prints!) Do you know if there are plans for another/will you be attending? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was admiring Adeline's Diana Mini - I want one so bad! Kicking myself that I didn't buy one of those Jimbob plates. Also annoyed that I couldn't motivate myself to queue for Rob Ryan - that is some tasty wrapping paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I really wanted a plate too but I've decided to experiment with drawing on one myself. You can buy special ceramics pens :) Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fun it must have been! Those cat cushions are purrfect I must say)
    >'.'<

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Lucky you! Where will you be putting up the print?

    Looks like you had a good time! I always plan to visit but something or the other comes up!

    Loving the blog!

    x

    http://capn-niknak.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've stuck it up in the kitchen but it would look a lot better framed, just have to find the right size (oh and we're not really meant to hang up pictures in our rented flat so not sure what's best!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm SO jealous, every year I say I'm going to go and every year I end up with other plans. I'm going to put the date for the summer one in my diary now!

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig