Sunday, 23 October 2011

Come on feel the Illinoise...

The Bean
Above: us at the 'Bean' in Millennium Park

And we're back from Chicago! We had a great time there and packed a lot into our week long trip. Highlights included staying in the most wonderful B&B (full of vintage collections & old cameras), hanging out in the Art Institute (recreating this scene), visiting Superdawg's, a drive-in hotdog diner, going to Wild West Town to paint pumpkins and finding a black & white photobooth in Quimby's comic shop. Here are a few pictures, will share the second part tomorrow (and if you're not bored of Chicago by then soon I'll scan in some pages from my travel journal too!)

inside Ray's

Ray's Bucktown B&B

American Gothic

My favourite painting

adam & liz

Downtown chicago

Protests

Painting pumpkins

What a view

The Field Museum - Sue the T rex

Chicago view
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Ah, it warms the cockles of my heart to see a Sufjan reference! Glad you had a good time, Chicago looks like a great place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicago looks great, I'd love to go! Hope you guys had an amazing time, looking forward to seeing more pics xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great time. Would be interesting to see your journal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! The photos make me want to Chicago too, so it's a good sign that you had a great time. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness I just got back from Chicago! And I totally loved the Art Institute! Was that store on Milwaukee Av??? Cause if so I might have had a similar experience there! I found the vintage photobooth and spent an hour taking photos!
    Sounds like you had a great time :) Check out my post on it here http://agirlnamedastrid.blogspot.com/2011/10/where-did-i-go-chicago.html

    xox

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig