Saturday, 10 September 2011

Goodbye old house

Dragonflies

Recently my Grandma moved out of the house she'd lived in for nearly 60 years, to a new smaller home which I'm visiting this weekend. The last time I stayed at her old house I took a few photos to remind me of the place I have so many fond memories of visiting as a child. I'm also writing a comic about the story of the house which I'm going to give to my Nan for her birthday in November.

Dragonflies

Dragonflies

Dragonflies

Dragonflies

Dragonflies

Dragonflies
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. That is such a lovely idea I'm sure she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures! I hope your gran settles into her new home quickly and happily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures. Love those old bears. Hope you'll share your comic with us when it's done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely memories and photos! Wish I had the opportunity to do this for my Grandmother's home. In fact, as I enter my "senior years", I wish I had photographs of each home I lived in (inside and out). We don't realize how precious these memories and places are until they are no longer available! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura, I'm super behind on everything just now but will hopefully get the journal out by the end of the week. I'll let you know when I've sent it.

    Friendship bracelet tutorial was just in the set I bought from a knitting shop for super cheap. I'm thinking of posting a diy this week though, but I'm sure you can google it and find some patterns.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh,, lovely album,, seems to be your home,,


    kamagra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes saying goodbye to a house can be just as bad as saying goodbye to a person because it's connected to so many memories. I know that clearing out my grandparents' flat was heartbreaking for me, and I wish I had taken more pictures.

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig