Friday, 26 August 2011

Getting spooky in the Convent...

DSC_0486

The other day I thought it would be fun to try out some long exposures on my camera to see what kind of spooky effects we could achieve with just a lantern for light.

I set the exposure to 30 seconds and Tom and I took it in turns to pose with the lantern, switching it on for a few seconds then off again, moving to a new position and so on. Here are the results, pretty magical (who needs Photoshop to achieve special effects?!). Although it was funny when some other residents appeared wanting to use the corridor and we were there taking strange photos in the dark!

DSC_0488

DSC_0491

DSC_0487

DSC_0493
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Love these pictures! I can't get over you living somewhere so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thanks Sarah, it is a lovely place for photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow! these are awesome! and it looks like such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! You guys are magicians!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool, and you live in the most amazing building I've ever seen! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I can't believe that you can do this with just a camera!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! You used a tripod, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks peeps :) yep just put the camera onto manual mode and use a tripod, experimenting is fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome, something for Halloween?

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love these! gorgeous. looks like a lot of fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is amazing!!! great shots! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are absolutely amazing, and I'm annoyed with myself for not clicking on your Life in the Convent tag sooner! I would love to live somewhere like that - the stained glass window in your bedroom is so lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig