Sunday, 12 June 2011

Under the Boardwalk



This weekend for Tom's upcoming birthday we went on a little sailing escapade from Felixstowe to Ipswich, then sailed out to the ocean (spotting Sealand in the distance, what a strange place that is!).

It was my first time sailing on a yacht and it was lots of fun, although I had a lot to get used to! I didn't realise that sailing with the boat at about a 45 degree angle to the water is quite normal so a lot of the time I was hanging on for dear life! I had a go at steering too which is a good way to keep an eye on the distance to avoid sea sickness. The weather was a little unpredictable (it actually hailed on Saturday.. in June!) but we had a lovely evening in Ipswich last night and the docks looked beautiful under the moonlight.

All aboard

Setting sail





It's going to rain

Neptune

Gin o'clock

Ipswich HarbourLink
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. always such wonderful photos. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun birthday treat! Hope you wore a sailor's hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks amazing, I haven't been to Ipswich in such a long time.

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig