Friday, 17 June 2011

Food Diary, Continued

Chili

On Wednesday I decided to try baking some olive & chilli bread. I'd certainly recommend the combination, but my kneading technique needs improvement - the final loaf was pretty heavy! Has anyone else had the same problem? I did a breadmaking class a few years ago and the bread came out perfectly, so I think I need to remember the technique to a proper loaf. Tom made a nice Greek salad to go with the bread, yum.

Bread

Greek salad

Olive bread
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. It looks yummy. I made Apple and Cinnamon bread today and had the same problem. It was my first ever loaf of bread but it was like a brick...think I need more practice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! Did you leave the bread to rise twice? It needs kneading til it's a smooth dough, then rising for an hour, then knead again before shaping into rolls, flatbread or a loaf and then leaving to rise for another half hour. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yarm!

    Re: Photobooth Journal, I think it would be awesome! I wish I could find a proper photobooth here. I probably wouldn't have any to put in the journal :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ps. I've been browsing Etsy and Ebay and looking at vintage photobooth photos they have for sale.

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig