Wednesday, 18 May 2011

28.

May 18th, 2008
I spent my 25th birthday in Barcelona. I bought my Lomo action sampler, wandered on the beach and ate a Spanish feast cooked by a friend from home, whose birthday was the day after mine.

Sea
Souvenir
Barcelona, 2008
CNV00020
Barcelona, 2008
CNV00023

May 18th, 2009
When I was 26 I hosted a cheese party in a pub in Derby with all my lovely friends. There was a lot of food. A lot.

chees1
cheese2

May 18th, 2010
For my 27th I was treated to my very own festival! Tom performed songs as my favourite artists, and I first met Frank who now resides in a little house in our living room. I also hosted a kids-style party which included pass-the-parcel, pin the tail on the donkey and a hula hooping contest.

DSC_1356
DSC_1357
DSC_1358
DSC_1364
DSC_1382
DSC_1418

May 18th, 2011


This year I am seeing the real Sufjan Stevens and planning a party in the Chapel! I'll hopefully share some pictures soon.

10 comments:

  1. Brilliant ideas, all of them! Nothing like a bit of birthday reminiscing to make you fee happy on a Wednesday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post, happy happy birthday Laura!! Have a wonderful day, enjoy Sufjan! He got rave reviews from his shows last weekend at the Royal Festival Hall so you're in for a treat! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im twenty four years old and I always fear my next birthday because of the added digit. But this post has given me an uplifting inspiration and looking forward to my next birthday and the following after that too now. Thank you! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cat shot on the actionsampler. Took mine to Brighton recently and can't wait to finish the roll so I can get in developed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura! Your birthday celebrations are always so exciting and awesome! Hope you are having a good time too this year with your family and friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all! :)

    Pixie- 24 is a mere youngster, enjoy all your birthdays and plan something special to remember each one by!

    Jessica - yay, hope you get some good shots, i found that you have to move really quickly for the frames to be sufficiently different!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy happy birthday Laura! All your other celebrations looked wonderful! I love my action sampler also! Hope you have a great time this year for your 28th! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday. All these birthdays look amazing. I am trying to think what I did for my birthdays in years gone by and I am drawing a blank... Maybe having a blog will serve as a reminder in future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michelle - I think taking far too many photos helps! I've literally got a huge folder of pictures for every month of the year, my poor hard drive can't cope! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. i can't believe you're 28, you look younger :) I hope you had a wonderful day.

    we're seeing sufjan now too, I'm so freaking excited!! Yeay!!!

    ReplyDelete