Sunday, 17 April 2011

Weekend Wanderings

Springtime

The lovely weather returned again this weekend and I went on a wander around Nottingham, stopping off at the Music Exchange where there was a queue outside for Record Store Day (sadly they'd sold out of most records by the time I arrived.)

Record Store Day

Record Store Day is pretty popular..

After that I caught a tram to Forest Fields where me and a friend ate a most delicious curry at the New Art Exchange for the princely sum of £4. The gallery is a really beautiful building, showcasing work by mainly African and Asian artists, it's definitely worth the trip. And today I went to the Olde Trip and ate a lovely halloumi ciabatta in the sunshine, then saw perhaps the worst film in the world, The Room at the Hopkinson Gallery (it was very funny). A good weekend indeed, I can't wait til the Easter holidays next week.

New Art Exchange

Dining at the cafe in the New Art Exchange

Curry@NewArtExchange

New Art Exchange



New Art Exchange

Halloumi@YeOldeTrip
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. your weekend photos always make me smile :) i love the first photo with your cute socks and blossom on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh, I would not pay a penny to watch The Room - I've seen it on TV and "worst film in the world" doesn't even begin to do it justice!!!

    (the rest of your weekend sounds lovely, though)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That halloumi ciabatta looks soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, is that Stephen updating his twitter?

    The Room was worth every penny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that first picture too, such cute socks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks peeps :) That halloumi picture is making me hungry again and it's not even 10am! Eep! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the New Art Exchange looks nice, will have to finally get round to checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah - at times like this I miss Notts! :-) I moved from Notts to Ashbourne in November - the bureau on my blog is from the Saturday market in Ashbourne :-)

    Jem xXx

    P.S thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig