Monday, 21 March 2011

Vintage Finds: 1970s Air Organ

Our New Organ!

I'm not entirely sure what this instrument is officially called but when I spotted it I fell in love with it, and at £20 it was a bit of a bargain to boot. It sounds a little like an accordion.. here's a photo of Tom having a go (and a video of him playing his latest song here!)





I also picked up this kitty letter rack from Daphne's Handbag at the weekend, i think it's from the 50s or 60s.. because everyone needs a letter rack right?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. They're called Reed Organs and they're great! I've got a fancy italian one but it doesn't have the chord buttons. I wish it had chord buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chord buttons are pretty handy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a find! And the video is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one like this for sale that belonged to my mother-in-law. It comes with a stand. If anyone is interested. I will be listing it on ebay soon.

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig