Last weekend we had a vinyl party in our new home, in which we listened to lots of old records with friends, so I thought it'd be fun to make a record bowl to put snacks inside. It was really easy to make, here's how:
1. Preheat your oven to about 225 C, remember to ventilate your kitchen by opening a window
2. Place your (unwanted - i chose bananarama, apologies fans..) record on top of an upside-down ovenproof bowl and put inside the oven for a few minutes.
3. Keep a watch on it and after 3-5 mins it should start to melt
4. Put on some oven gloves (although its not really that hot) and get the record out, then shape into a glass/metal bowl. The record will go hard again quite fast so you have to be quick!
5. Wait to cool, give it a rinse and ta-da! You can use them for snacks, sweets or even plant pot holders.