Wednesday, 19 January 2011

The return of my Travelling Journal!


This week my travelling journal finally found its way back to Nottingham! I was so excited as I turned each page, everyone who drew/stuck things/wrote in it did an amazing job! Here are some of the pages to prove it. I sent the journal off to the first person, Brodie in Australia last June and asked each person to write or draw about the day they received the journal and what they got up to.

brodie 1

brodie2

Brodie included a Melbourne music mix cd!

bianca1

bianca2

Bianca's bright and beautiful pages, and a happy mix cd to boot

sharni1

Another Aussie, Sharni's page, decorated with a ticket from her favourite singer Kate Nash

MK1

MK2

MK's pretty pages from Japan, and an envelope of lovely photographs

willa1

Willa from Canada's cool comic of her day

mariella1

Mariella
in Puerto Rico did some gorgeous paintings of her day, in which she first got her driving permit

Thanks so much to everyone who participated! There are a few blank pages that remain so I'm going to send the journal to a few more creative folks round the world, I'll keep you posted!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. What a wonderful project and some beautiful contributions! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, what a piece of art you received!
    I'm a huge fan of Bianca's doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an amazingly awesome idea and it looks great as well! I'm slightly jealous of you for having such a beautiful little book now.
    Props for all the contributors. And you for coming up with the idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks amazing, such creative and fun pages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a lovely project. I'm so impressed with everyone's contributions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so amazing! It should get printed, even if it's in zine form. DO IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a lovely thing to have and to keep. Wonderful memories! can't wait to see the other creations :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you received it. I was worried you wouldn't get it and that it would end up lost in the mail... which would have been horrible, and has happened to me before.

    Anyway, I am glad you got it. :)

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig