Friday, 14 January 2011

Film Friday: Dumbo


This week I watched a childhood favourite of mine; Dumbo! It's been years since I curled up and watched an old Disney film, and I enjoyed all 64 minutes of this sweet animation, from the opening scene with the stork to the brilliant song performed by the crows, When I See an Elephant Fly. The scene where they lock up Dumbo's mother, labelling her a 'mad elephant' still makes me well up! I think I much prefer the old animations to newer Pixar films. (Although I also watched Wall-E recently which was brilliant!) What's your favourite Disney film?

7 comments:

  1. Yesss - think that's gotta be added to my Lovefilm as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Jungle Book for me. Don Bluth worked on both that and Robin Hood, maybe that's why they share some anthropomorphic stock?
    I found a video player for Ting's Birthday, we've been watching her old Sing-A-Long videos, remember them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jungle Book and Robin Hood are my favourites too. The music in Robin Hood is amazing! My parents had Dumbo on video when I was a kid and I always used to watch it when I was ill. Haven't seen it in so many years either!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was never much into cartoons though I've always had a soft spot for Cinderella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been a loooooong time since i've watched a disney film, but I think Cinderella is the one that I remember most.

    Nice pic of Prince in your sidebar, he's one of my favs!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was one of my favorites when I was a kid. I also really liked the Sword in the Stone.

    ReplyDelete