Thursday, 16 December 2010

A Very 1930s Murder Mystery

MM2

At the weekend I was a guest at a 1930's Murder Mystery party. It was lots of fun, and everyone made the effort to dress up and look the part!

I've been listening to a lovely 1930's playlist on Spotify while I look back at the photos (I highly recommend Puttin' On the Ritz by Fred Astaire.. ah, he had the moves.)

MM5

MM3

MM4

MM12

MM14

I tried to curl my hair but as you can see above it didn't exactly stay curly for long!

MM11

MM8
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. That looks like so much fun! I did one of those about 10 years ago and I had the part of a Frenchman called Pierre! Your costumes all look brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! I've been trying to organise a murder mystery for ages but not had enough people who'd really get into it but you've inspired me to have another go at nagging my friends! Beautiful photos too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a party! And you looked lovely! I'm recovering from my stupid flu or whatever it was and your post is high up on my priority list. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Bee, you should definitely give it a go. You can buy kits with characters and instructions and it's fairly easy from there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've always wanted to attend a theme party like this, but all my friends are too lazy to throw one. when i have my own place i'm definitely having theme parties all the time. i decided to curl my hair on xmas eve and i had the opposite effect. the curls were so tight that my hair looked like an afro and not in a good way. i looked like francine in the arthur episode when she got her hair done for picture day cause muffy made her. you probably have no clue what i'm talking about, but i used to watch that arthur show all the time when i was younger. i had to straighten in afterward because i looked ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig