Thursday, 2 December 2010

Film Thursday: How to Make an American Quilt


This week I watched a rather unseasonal film, which I haven't seen since I was a kid. How to Make an American Quilt stars Winona Ryder as a bride-to-be who is having second thoughts about her upcoming marriage, and spends a hot summer at her Grandma's house in California. Here she is able to work on her thesis which she's writing about women and craft making. She talks to her grandma and their friends about their lives and relationships, while they are busy making a quilt for her upcoming wedding. I enjoyed the film as much as I did when I was younger, plus it features all my favourite things; typewriters, mixtapes and patchwork quilts!


SHARE:

3 comments

  1. This film sounds great I'm going to watch it this weekend :) x

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig