Wednesday, 29 September 2010

Top 5 Comic Blogs


After I posted up my top 5 illustration blogs last week, this week I thought I'd share my favourite comic artists' blogs.

1. Lucy Knisley's Blog (above)

Lucy wrote the brilliant French Milk, a travel comic diary about the weeks she spent in Paris with her mother. Lucy's writing is funny and easy to relate to and her books are definitely worth a read.


2. Craig Thompson's Doot Doot Garden

If you haven't read Blankets I urge you to find a copy and read it when you get chance, it's a beautiful story of first love which is one of my favourite graphic novels ever.


Craig Thompson's blog has been detailing his progress on his latest epic novel, Habibi, which last week he finally completed. I can't wait to read it!


3. Sorry Comics

John Kinhart's blog contains autobiographical stories about anything from relationships to the end of the world.



4. Jeffrey Brown comics

Jeffrey Brown is another of my favourite comic artists. He doesn't update all that regularly but his blog's worth checking for insights into his progress, for example this example of how he made the cover for his latest book, Cats are Weird.


5. Ellerbisms/The Everyday (above)

I thought I'd include some British cartoonists in the list, but both these series have come to a close now. If anyone has any other autobiographical comic recommendations let me know!
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. This is great for me as i really need to educate myself about all things comic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just received a new comic by a guy in London called "Hilarious Consequences" Very clumsy era Jeffrey Brown, very funny. I'm gonna order some soon.
    If I find any cool auto-bio comics blogs, I'll throw them your way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds good, let me know when it comes in!

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig