Thursday, 23 September 2010

Film Thursday: My Neighbour Totoro


I finally got around to watching the well-loved Miyazaki film after loving the cuddly Totoro for years! It was a really sweet film and I really loved Totoro's character (I want to fall asleep on his huge belly like they do in the film!) and the Catbus was great!

The only slight letdown was I didn't enjoy the Disney-ish American voiceovers, which took away part of the Japanese charm of the film, so perhaps I should have tried to watch a subtitled version instead. Still, here are some pictures of the great Totoro and friends.


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. eee, I love totoro! we have a box set of all the ghibli films and they are all so good - have you seen any of the others? Miyazaki is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totoro is one of my favorite movies of all-time!
    I think it's the first Miyazaki film I ever saw, and I'll watch it over and over :)

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig