Tuesday, 7 September 2010

Exhibition: Diane Arbus



I meant to write about this ages ago but forgot! Currently there is an exhibition of Diane Arbus photos at Nottingham Contemporary, which runs until the 3rd of October.


I really enjoyed looking round the exhibition as I was familiar with a few of Arbus' more famous photos and it was great to see them close up and read more about their backgrounds. Arbus took many photos of people on the fringe of society like circus performers, transvestites and other outsiders. So if you're in the area I'd definitely recommend a visit to the gallery. It was quite inspiring seeing some of the portraits, as I'm still working my way through my own portrait project, taking photos of 50 strangers (I'm up to 19 now!)

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig