Thursday, 26 August 2010

Film Thursday: The Illusionist


Last night I watched a lovely animated film, the Illusionist which is written by Jacques Tati and directed by Sylvain Chomet. It's a story about the friendship between a French magician and a young girl he meets. The film contains very little speaking and the few words it contains are in its own unique language which can be understood anywhere. It is set in Paris, London and Edinburgh (it really made me want to visit the latter!) and the visuals are really stunning.

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I really want to see this - it reminds me of 101 dalmations a little.

    How exciting you'll be near Hunstanton - we're going to Wells tomorrow and I can't wait :) Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was wonderful wasn't it!! Yes i really want to visit Edinburgh asap after seeing it as haven't been since i was young!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to watch it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. now i really want to see this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. is this by the same people as les triplettes de belleville??

    ReplyDelete

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig