Thursday, 26 November 2009

Gemma Correll Interview - Part 2


Here's the final part of the interview with the brilliant Gemma Correll.

Where do you get your inspiration from?

Everyday life... people I see, pets, places I go, music I listen to. My work is directly inspired by the things I do every day, which are usually quite mundane but usually produce a funny moment or two. I also love looking at vintage children's annuals, screenprinted circus posters and books called things like "My Special Book of Kittens and Puppies, 1967".
What other artists/illustrators do you admire?

There are so many amazing illustrators around. To name but a few- Anke Weckmann, Ian Stevenson, Tom Gauld, Demetrios Psillos, Liz Adams.... I could go on and on, but I won't because it's time for my hourly coffee.


Illustration by Anke Weckmann
Thanks Gemma! You can visit Gemma's Etsy shop for more loveliness!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig