Tuesday, 23 December 2008

Silja Goetz Interview: Part 2 - Inspirations


Here is the second part of the interview with talented illustrator Silja Goetz.

What are your inspirations?

I go to art museums a lot, whenever and wherever i can. Luckily I live in Madrid, close to the Prado and the 'Reina Sofía', the Thyssen Bornemisza, etc. I admire Velazquez, the Flemish and Italian painters of the rennaissance, Dürer, Antonello da Messina, Pieter Brueghel, Hieronymus Bosch...


by Ramón Casarc

by Albrecht Dürer

Hieronymus Bosch - The Garden of Earthly Delights


And I have a weakness for the Preraffaelites, I love those languid, dreamy women. Another favourite is Ramon Casas, a Spanish painter who was also an illustrator. And Jacques Louis -David. And Caspar David Friedrich.


by Caspar David Friedrich

And many many more...
To see those great masters definitely helps to stay humble!


And of course I love the movies, read a lot, go to the flea market... and all these things impress me and somehow inspire me, sometimes without me noticing. I just try to fill my head with ideas and beautiful sights and see what comes out when I need an idea.

- Thank you once again Silja! I will publish the final part of the interview after Christmas, Season's Greetings everyone!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig