Tuesday, 16 September 2008

Happiness in Magazines

Hmm, does anyone get a little bored of reading the same old rubbish in (women's lifestyle) magazines? I usually buy them on train journeys or just on evenings when I need to relax, but there just doesn't seem to be any good ones out there in the UK. I get really bored of rehashed stories about Amy Winehouse or Ten Ways to Keep Your Lover Happy type articles.

There are 3 magazines I've seen produced in other countriesI'd like to get my hands on, were it not for the high price tag..

Starting with


1 Lula

This comes out twice a year so it's a hefty tenner an issue, but the Cherry Blossom Girl is a part of the team so the photos inside are beautiful! (hmm i can't tell if this is mainly produced in this country actually but its still quite pricey..)



2 Frankie

This Australian magazine looks really good. From their website, it's 'aimed at 20-something women (and men) looking for a magazine that’s as smart, funny, sarcastic, friendly, cute, rude, arty, curious and caring as they are.'



3 Bust

Bust is a great American magazine which includes interviews with interesting celebrities, musicians etc as well as some crafty articles too. I sometimes read it when at my friend's house but maybe I should subscribe myself too..

If anyone knows of any good UK magazines which don't have sky high prices let me know ;-)
SHARE:

1 comment

© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig